Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nomoney  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2009 9:29:13 AM(UTC)
nomoney

Groups: Registered

When the main control knob/timer knob is in the off position the dryer can be plugged in and the dryer does not blow the main fuse box breaker. However whenever the knob is turned to anywhere else except the multiple off positions it pops the breaker immediately.
Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

nomoney  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:50:10 AM(UTC)
nomoney

The dryer is a Speed Queen Heavy Duty Dryer Model : HE4503L Serial : S3M76568

I've taken a few measurements on the power input where the power cord attach's to the unit.

Between the red and the white (white is also ground green) wires I measure 2.4K ohms and between all others it appears high resistance. When I move the control to the off setting the resistance is high between the red and the white wires also.

I check the continuity on the door switch and the start switch both were good.
I did reset the breaker a couple of times. It does appear that only one side is breaking but it does reset.
BTW Last week I installed a new drum roller because one of the old ones wore out.
If you can help me take some measurements to troubleshoot this old dryer I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Mike
nomoney  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2009 12:33:09 PM(UTC)
nomoney

comment "had a dryer trip a breaker once, it was a bad roller making it hard for the motor to turn the drum if its an older dryer it might be the problem"
Could it be that the new drum roller is creating more resistance to the drum than previously and that is what is causing the fault?
After I replaced the drum roller I turned on the machine and it worked normally for my 2 minute empty test run. The dryer failed the very next time my wife tried to use it with clothes in it. Now it fails empty and every time the timer is set to any thing other than "off"

Mike
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply