Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kevin in MN  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 8:28:19 AM(UTC)
kevin in MN

Groups: Registered

Hello, first time poster on this site. Great site by the way! I have researched some of the older posts with my question without much success.
My cousin's washer leaks water out the top of the tub when running full loads only. The tub also seems to move more than it should. I did take off the front panel, and found remnants of what appears to be a broken brake pad on the bottom of the washer. Everything else appears to be OK. I ran a full load with the panel off, and it appears that the tub moves so much that water splashes over the side during the agitation cycle. I'm assuming that the brake pad failure is not the cause of the tub movement, but rather the result of something else. Any ideas of what to look for? I'm fairly handy with a wrench, but it's at her cabin 2 hours away, so we don't get there too often. We do run medium sized loads with no leaking, it seems to work fine. I plan to replace the brake shoes soon, but fear there may be more to repair. Are there any maunals available?
One more thing: she leaves the heat on at the cabin year round, but last year the furnace quit and it did freeze. Many plumbing repairs later and all is OK, and now the washer acts up. All hoses do appear fine. Could freezing have caused these issues?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Kevin
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.