Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark Wise  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2007 5:20:26 PM(UTC)
Mark Wise

Groups: Registered

I have a Jenn-Air Electric Range that the oven elements wont work. I replaced the oven sensor today and it did have some heat damage on the wiring adaptor. However, there is no change. I have tried bake, broil and clean and none work. Sometimes it will flash a F5 code but not always. Most times, it will show that "preheat" is on but never heat up. I have inspected the upper and lower heating elements but found nothing obvious. Everything else works fine.
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2007 8:43:40 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Mark Wise
Pull the range out of the wall, remove the power, remove the back cover. You'll see the hi limit thermostat (#23 on the body break down diagram ). Check this part for continuity and if it is open then replace it. If this is not the issue then check all wires to heat elements and the oven sensor wire harness. If everything is fine then the electronic control board has to be replaced. The part number for the new control board is AP367441
Good luck.
Gene.
Mark Wise  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2007 8:00:06 AM(UTC)
Mark Wise

Gene, thanks for the speedy response. I have checked the hi limit thermostat and it shows good, however I notice the small fan motor is "frroze up". Could this cause my problem?? Not sure how long it has not worked.
Thanks Again
Mark
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2007 4:51:29 PM(UTC)
Gene

Mark Wise
Check the L2 connection on the control board, check wires first and then check the power with the L2 wires disconnected from the control board. It should be a 120V between the wire and the ground. Check the power between the wire goes to L2 terminal and the wire on the hi limit thermostat. It should be a 240V there. If there is nothing wrong then replace the control board. The part number for the new control board is AP367441 . If you do not know the safety rules how to work with electrical appliances it is better to call a certified tech to check all this stuff for you.
Good luck.
Gene.
dan72  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2008 12:48:12 PM(UTC)
dan72

Im having an f5 code on jenn air model sve47600b was wondering if this could come from the relay board #28 in body break down diagram. Pulled back off unit this board was barely hanging on and has a burnt look to it. Oven not working but fan and top are. Thanks Daniel
Gene  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2008 2:49:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

The cause of the "F5" error code could be an intermittent contact on the power relay board or an intermittent oven temperature sensor (or it's wire harness).

A burned spot on the power relay board makes this part a very first failure suspect.

The part reference #28 is not the oven power relay board. It is the downdraft power relay board. The oven power relay board has the reference # 29 on the body break down diagram.

Make sure this is the part with a burned spot on it.

The oven power relay board

UserPostedImage

The downdraft power relay board

UserPostedImage

- The part number for the oven power relay board is AP204871

Here are the break down diagrams for the Jenn Air range Model SVE47600B

Gene.
Wdieckm  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2011 11:41:28 AM(UTC)
Wdieckm

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The cause of the "F5" error code could be an intermittent contact on the power relay board or an intermittent oven temperature sensor (or it's wire harness).

A burned spot on the power relay board makes this part a very first failure suspect.

The part reference #28 is not the oven power relay board. It is the downdraft power relay board. The oven power relay board has the reference # 29 on the body break down diagram.

Make sure this is the part with a burned spot on it.

The oven power relay board

UserPostedImage

The downdraft power relay board

UserPostedImage

- The part number for the oven power relay board is AP204871

Here are the break down diagrams for the Jenn Air range Model SVE47600B

Gene.

I had the same problem had a slight hum/buzz coming from oven removed control board and check the componts noticed some resdue arount the 47mf cap in the middle of board so i replaced this cap and it works now
beemoe  
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2013 8:40:56 AM(UTC)
beemoe

Hi, does anyone know what color wire connects to tab E13 on the board
Chuck M  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:20:24 PM(UTC)
Chuck M

Originally Posted by: Wdieckm Go to Quoted Post
I had the same problem had a slight hum/buzz coming from oven removed control board and check the componts noticed some resdue arount the 47mf cap in the middle of board so i replaced this cap and it works now

Thanks "Wdieckm"

I had an intermittent F5 error and checked the temp probe which was fine.
I also fixed my oven by replacing the 47uF Cap on the Relay Board. Of course this was after I replaced the Control Board ($250), which was fine.
Just be careful while de soldering the old capacitor. The traces on the PC board come up very easily.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply