Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alexchaumont  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2007 10:51:48 AM(UTC)
alexchaumont

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Gold Quiet Partner III. About 4 years old. Has worked wonderfully up until a week ago. I noticed that my dishes are not dry...they are wet. Also there is no steam coming from the vent at the top of the dishwasher during the "Drying" cycle.

I believe the heating element is not working.

I have run the self-test diagnostics and found that all cycles/options function normally with 2 exceptions:

1. Water temp does not get above room temp, even though the "Water Heating" LED is lit. I have opened the door during the Normal cycle and the water is cold. (My house is old and it does take a while for the hot water to get to the dishwasher but I have not had this problem in winters past....so does the heating element have something to do with heating the water in the base of the dishwasher?)

2. Dishwasher does not dry dishes even though the "Drying" LED is lit. The heating element does appear to be stressed and cracked near one of the contacts...but the element itself is not broken.

Can the element be replaced?

Help! I'm having to wash dishes by hand!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:46:32 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Unplug the dishwasher.

Remove the bottom panel and check the resistance across the heating element. It suppose to be between 10 to 35 Ohms. Replace it if the reading is wrong.

Check continuity across the hi limit thermostat terminals (#30 on the tub and frame break down diagram). Replace if it's open.

Check all wires for loose connection or broken wires.

If there is nothing wrong, replace the control board.

- The part number for the heating element AP3884745

- The part number for the hi limit thermostat AP3010530

- The part number for the control board AP3775964

- Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool dishwasher Model DUL300XTLB0

Gene.
ddp  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2008 8:01:54 AM(UTC)
ddp

I too have the same dishwasher that I began having problems with when it was just two years old. I've had it now for three years. We have already had to replace the heating element which completely broke in half. The dishwasher seems like it has never ran correctly. The dishes never get anywhere near close to calling them "dry", even though the LED light is lit up. The glasses have to be taken out and left on the counter to air dry for hours before being able to put them away. It is just my husband and our little girl, so we don't go through many dishes. We bought the dishwasher new.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 9:08:55 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
In order to provide the most accurate advise I need the complete model number of the dishwasher.

Gene.
sarahsechan33@gmail.com  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 7:05:56 AM(UTC)
sarahsechan33@gmail.com

U.S. Minor Islands

Found this thread only now (after last reply in 2007), but i think this information will be useful.
I have a Frigidaire FFID2426TD Black Stainless Steel Dishwasher. From that time i`ve tried a bunch of dishwashers. So, all of these is suck, instead of ONE that i`m using still from 2017. Frigidaire is very accurate and it REALLY makes the dish dry. I can`t describe all the features that this dishwasher have, but here the review: https://cookingtimejourn...s-with-heated-dry-option
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply