Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JoshD  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2009 8:27:09 AM(UTC)
JoshD

Groups: Registered

hi all, i have an older Goodman furnace in a home i just moved into. the blower motor was squeaking a lot, and then just Monday my wife got home from work and the whole house smelled of electrical burn smell. i got home to discover the blower motor very hot and not working. i removed the squirrel cage and removed the motor and had it tested. the motor was junk so i replaced the motor. got everything installed and electrical hooked up and turned the unit on. presto the motor worked sweet right?.... not so much, after about 3-5 minutes the same smell was back so i immediately shut the power to the unit off. felt the motor it was hot again:(:confused:.....i am at a lose of where to go next, any help and guidance is more than welcome and very appreciated, thank you in advance.
-JoshD-
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.