Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
skjohnstone  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 9:25:31 AM(UTC)
skjohnstone

Groups: Registered

Hi. I am hoping you can guide me through troubleshooting my problem. The refrigerator just suddenly stopped running - the light comes on. I have an old repair manual that first directs me to test the defrost timer. I opened the control panel on the inside front top. There is a circuit board-looking defrost timer up there that looks nothing like the defrost timer in the manual. Can this be tested? Is this the best starting point (most likely cause of the problem)? Can you help? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

misterfixall  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 3:08:20 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

Groups: Senior Expert

do you hear any clicking noise coming from relay on compressor every 30 sconds or so/ other than that i would acess cold control thermostat +jump wires +see what happens
skjohnstone  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2008 4:21:10 PM(UTC)
skjohnstone

Groups: Registered

Thank you for your reply. No clicking from compressor/relay area. I tried jumping the cold control thermostat and it didn't crank up the compressor. I also tried to jump the capacitor and that didn't do anything. I used an ammeter over the compressor contact pins, and in the holes on the relay that plug onto these pins, and the ammeter needle confirmed continuity where expected. I'm pretty strongly suspecting the defrost timer circuit board. Is there a way to jump this to confirm that it's the problem, or I do just order the $62 part on faith that the other culprits are ruled out. I appreciate your help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply