Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
abadfish66 Posted: Monday, July 7, 2008 11:58:54 AM(UTC)

The glow bar can glow, but if it does not reach and stay between 3.2-3.7 amps it needs replacing. You can put an ampprobe on one of the wires from the glow bar to measure this, or you could take a resistance reading of the glowbar. Resistance should be between 50-150ohms. If it is not within this the glowbar is bad and needs replacing.
winthropenterprises Posted: Monday, July 7, 2008 11:48:58 AM(UTC)

I took out the bottom pan and see two burners and two igniters(assuming the igniters are the two that glow next to the burners)Its seems that the igniters are fine . They stay lit . The two burners go on seperately shortly aftger but it seems that the one burner goes out after not even a minute. Could it be the gas valve ? Are there seperate gas valves for each burner on the bottom ? If not ????? Thank you for your advice and time on this matter.
LoginFreak Posted: Sunday, July 6, 2008 6:44:47 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: winthropenterprises Go to Quoted Post
New to this , 1st my convection system stopped working in the oven which we just didnt use until we fixed it and now less than 2 weeks later the oven does not heat up at all . Can smell gas yet no heat . Everything else seems fine . Four burners on top all work properly . Any suggestions where to start?

If it's just the oven that is not working.
It could be the Igniter that is not working.
I replace many for all makes of ranges.
It's the most common part for ovens not working on gas ranges.
winthropenterprises Posted: Sunday, July 6, 2008 5:50:28 PM(UTC)

New to this , 1st my convection system stopped working in the oven which we just didnt use until we fixed it and now less than 2 weeks later the oven does not heat up at all . Can smell gas yet no heat . Everything else seems fine . Four burners on top all work properly . Any suggestions where to start?