Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:25:10 PM(UTC)

Looks like you damaged something inside the ice maker head. It's hard to say exactly what is damaged and the best solution in my opinion is to replace the whole ice maker. Appliance Parts Pros has it on sale now and you can buy it for less than $80.

- The ice maker Part number: AP3160597
Part number: AP3160597

Gene.
jmygolf Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 2:16:54 PM(UTC)

We have had trouble with our Kenmore(25351392101) fridge/freezer s/s ice maker(GSI-23) for a couple of years. First it didnt make cubes and when I filled it with bought ice, it only dispensed crushed ice, no matter the setting. In the fixing process which entailed hairdryers, taking off back of fridge, etc., I took off the faceplate and checked the wiring and internals. When I replaced the faceplate, the "on-off" arm will not stay raised in the off position anymore. It only stays down. Now it wont stop making ice. It is beginning to overflow the bin, which it never has done before. I feel that I may have done something internally to the spring mechanism when looking behind the faceplate into the switch and wiring. Any advice is appreciated! Thank you in advance!