Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
SublimeMasterJW Posted: Friday, May 9, 2008 3:39:03 AM(UTC)

These newer appliances are not worthy to stand next to a fine old machine like that. The motor is really the heart of the dryer. I would definately replace it.
tomted1 Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2008 9:59:19 PM(UTC)

OK, back from work and able to flip front panel and see that the belt is in place. I guess I'll look to the motor. It is nearly 18 years old so that wouldn't be too surprising. Hmmm, if it's the motor, do I replace it or buy a new dryer? I've replaced the slides and rear bearing, some gas valve parts and been through a couple of igniters over the years.
SublimeMasterJW Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2008 2:03:59 PM(UTC)

when you shut the door the gas trys to work . must be getting power through that switch. I have seen it. Check the motor swtch. One that old might be all full of stuff and sticking. Did you break down the dryer yet? Get the drum out, clean and inspect the motor.
tomted1 Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2008 12:58:52 PM(UTC)

Thanks mfa and SMJW but why would the motor be energized when the door is closed?
SublimeMasterJW Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2008 12:02:00 PM(UTC)

Look in and see if the belt is broken. From what you are describing it sounds like the gas assembly is trying to fire but the drum ain't turning. To replace the belt you are gonna have to remove the front panel. You may as well give it a good cleaning while you are at it. Also inspect the slides and rear bearing.
misterfixall Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2008 11:14:01 AM(UTC)

check to see if drum belt is broken. possible motor problem if belt not broken
tomted1 Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2008 10:01:03 AM(UTC)

The gas dryer is electrically energized and hums, although the drum doesn't turn, when the door is closed or open. The only method of turning it off is to either set the timer to zero or unplug it. The drum doesn't turn when the door is closed and the timer has minutes on it. Pushing the start button makes no difference.