Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
eadam Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 4:19:39 PM(UTC)

Our oven has a very dim display. I can only see the time faintly. Everything else works well. I'm not sure if its a fuse or something else with the panel. Thought I would inquire first to see if I could repair myself before I call a repairman. Oven model #rbd305pdb.

Thanks for any insight.
eadam Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 4:15:25 PM(UTC)

Our oven has a very dim display. I can only see the time faintly. Everything else works well. I'm not sure if its a fuse or something else with the panel. Thought I would inquire first to see if I could repair myself before I call a repairman.

Thanks for any insight.
marksk Posted: Tuesday, March 9, 2010 8:49:17 AM(UTC)

this just happened to me, same model, three years old. noticed one day last week the time was dimming, within two days it was so faint you couldn't see it unless all lights were off. panel still beeps when buttons are pressed and the oven still heats up. i turned off the power at the breaker for a few minutes, but nothing happened. should i try the breaker again? what course of action should i take next?

thanks!
kbrophy Posted: Thursday, January 7, 2010 8:51:27 AM(UTC)

I have 3 year old Whirlpool double electric oven RBD305PRS00.
It encountered dim display after use of both ovens over extended time;
Xmas cookie baking in Dec 2009.

After reading several internet posts on problem of dim display, I did power off and power on at fuse box; at that time still dim display.

After 2 days ...the display returned to original (not dim) state.

Is this story of damaged capacitors on control panel? or other?

Will the display remain okay or should I prepare for a new control panel
(part 8303883 for approx. $200)

Also, how to remove?