Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
MontanaVike Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:33:47 AM(UTC)

I'm still stumped by this.

I have now replaced the control board, all fuses, the thermostat and the thermistor. I have also replaced all the external ductwork and have reduced the run to about 8 feet with one 90 degree bend. The 90 degree is a smooth sheetmetal elbow.

Additionally, I have thoroughly cleaned the lint filter, the lint filter housing, the duct from the housing down to the blower and the blower itself. The only thing that I haven't cleaned is the bit of ducting that goes from the heater to the back of the drum. I'm not sure how to get to this without removing everything inside the dryer.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm really close to cutting my losses and buying a new dryer which is not what I'd like to do!
MontanaVike Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 9:54:47 AM(UTC)

I've now tested the 240v outlet and it tests fine. I've also replaced the fuse again which failed on the first load.

Anyone have an idea?

I'm thinking it's about time to get the repairman in.
MontanaVike Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 7:27:59 AM(UTC)

I have a Samsung dryer, model DV400EWHDWR. I keep blowing the fuse on the heater assembly. Each time I've replaced the fuse, I can get 1 or maybe 2 loads before it blows again.

I've tested the heater core and the thermostat and both work correctly (heater core heats up and has no contact with housing, thermostat turns off heat at about 170F and turns it back on at about 135F). I've replaced the fuse two times now so I'm pretty sure it wasn't just a bad fuse.

I'm wondering if it's my control board now. What do you think?