Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 2:06:49 AM(UTC)

It doesn't sound good. It sounds like a broken part inside the transmission.

Kind of expensive.

http://cdn.appliancepart...54648-ap6021675_03_l.jpg
RandyTheHack Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 11:08:24 AM(UTC)

I have a Maytag mav2755aww washer that has problems. I ran a load a couple days ago... after it filled, it had a loud banging sound when it was agitating. After that, it spun, but did not spin very well - left the clothes very wet. I tried to re-run the spin cycle, but the drum stopped spinning, just drained the water out (pump works), and the agitator spins instead.

I've checked the belt - OK - the motor - OK - the pump - OK - and checked the thrust bearing - think it's bad. I can't get the alignment arrow to come up between the min and max indicators - it's below the min indicator. Spinning the pulley clockwise turns the agitator; counter-clockwise it also spins the agitator.

I've ordered a thrust bearing kit, hoping that getting the thrust bearing where it needs to be will resolve the issue, but I have a sneaking suspicion the transmission or the brake assembly is toast. Is there a definitive way to test this before the thrust bearing kit goes in?