Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Friday, November 10, 2017 2:22:16 PM(UTC)

This video explains it pretty well. I'd replace it, but mostly because its so hard to get to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Th93i6Yp0

Frigidaire 318004902 Switch - AppliancePartsPros.com
RentAHubby Posted: Friday, November 10, 2017 11:41:40 AM(UTC)

So I tested all these areas and have found the problem! Hurray!

I tested voltage between the terminals suggested and had voltage. But when I tested resistance between the terminals there wasn't any.

Thought that was weird to have voltage but not resistance. I tested voltage on both sides of the thermal switch/fuse? and it seemed to be present but no resistance thru that switch. I pushed the reset button and nothing changed.

I unscrewed the switch and it made a noticable pop/click sound and then it was good to go. I put the switch back on and the oven seems to be heating.

I am getting 240V to both sides of the heat elements now, finally.

LAST QUESTION: What causes this little fuse/switch to pop? I had tried pushing the reset before but nothing seemed to change. Should I replace it? Is it likely bad? Or could a single event caused it to trip?
ThatGuy Posted: Friday, November 10, 2017 11:05:07 AM(UTC)

Power comes from the relay board via terminal P 10 /yellow 34 to the bake element. Through the bake element to Y 34 to a connection with wire B/W 7.

The broil element gets power from the relay board on terminal P 8 /blue 7 to the broil element then through blue 7 to the same common wire as the bake element.

The common wire is B/W 7 that goes to a thermal fuse then by BR/W 7 to terminal P 2 .

Testing voltage across terminals P2 and P10 while in bake mode should show 240 to 220 volts.

Testing voltage across terminals P2 and P8 while in broil mode should show 240 to 220 volts.

If the power is disconnected, you should get an ohm reading while testing from P2 and P10 and from P2 and P6. From the relay board through either element back up to the relay board.
RentAHubby Posted: Friday, November 10, 2017 9:15:53 AM(UTC)

So, I've replaced the relay board for the lower oven and the clock control board as per recomendations on the forums. I still have no heat on the lower oven on bake or broil.

Can someone help me get this figured out? I've already put in over $200 and still same issue present! Help would be greatly appreciated.
RentAHubby Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 5:47:57 PM(UTC)

So, I ended up ordering a new relay board for the lower oven elements.

I still am having the no heat issue.

I still only get 120V to ground on either side of the broil or bake elements. And I do not get 250V if read from one side to the other of the elements.

What does this mean? Does this mean my problem is actually the clock control board with all wires and buttons for the display? Is there any simple way of knowing on this oven without blindly replacing $150 boards?

:confused:

Thanks for the continued advice.
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 11:40:29 AM(UTC)

Yes, you can replace the relays if you can de-solder and solder.

You just need the correct relays. Try Digikey and Mouser.
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 11:33:48 AM(UTC)

This might help.......

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
The sparking is coming from inside the relay. Its bright enough to see through the relay case. I would guess the relays are pretty burnt inside to arc that bad. Here is the wiring diagram.

Parts for Frigidaire FGEF304DKFA: Wiring Diagram Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com

I would check at the board, for power to the lower oven bake element. I'll bet you have a bad relay.
RentAHubby Posted: Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:41:56 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: RentAHubby Go to Quoted Post
Seems to have 110V coming out to each of the elements...

I realized I was testing the resistance of the broil heat element, not the bake element. The lower bake element has resistance of 23 ohms. The convection element has 43 ohms resistance.

>> So after much research and learning and testing and digging into my brain for past electrical knowledge, I think I'm figuring things out.

So, I was confused because I was getting voltage to the element but no heat. If I measure voltage from either side of the element to neutral, I get 119V. But if I measure across the two, I'm not getting 220V+, I get zero. I tested the upper oven heating element and I did get about 250V at the top when on but the bottom, when powered on gets only 120V to neutral but nothing if measured from L1 to L2 across the element itself. So I'm guessing one side is hot and the other is not kicking on when power is requested.

So does this mean the board is bad? or one of the relays on the board? I've soldered on motherboards and TV power supplies before to repair them. Is it realistic to replace just the relays on the board or do I just order and entire new board? They are pretty pricey so I want to make sure i get it right!

Thanks for the help thus far.

:)
RentAHubby Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 2:59:02 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
The sparking is coming from inside the relay. Its bright enough to see through the relay case. I would guess the relays are pretty burnt inside to arc that bad. Here is the wiring diagram.

I would check at the board, for power to the lower oven bake element. I'll bet you have a bad relay.

Seems to have 110V coming out to each of the elements...

I realized I was testing the resistance of the broil heat element, not the bake element. The lower bake element has resistance of 23 ohms. The convection element has 43 ohms resistance.
ThatGuy Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 11:03:14 AM(UTC)