Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
CAELUS Posted: Friday, September 22, 2017 1:12:19 PM(UTC)

I see many views but no help yet. I am posting this reply in the hope that it bumps the threat up a bit - I really would appreciate any and all suggestions. I have tried pulling the shaft on the back of the timer with pliers but it does not seem to move. Might there be tabs? Searching for anything...
CAELUS Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:54:11 AM(UTC)

Good day all,

My Whirlpool washer/dryer combo stops intermittently during the wash cycle. I have noticed that a very slight jiggle or pressure applied to the timer selection knob (timer part #3347890) allows the machine to resume its wash cycle, and I have (for now) solved this problem by attaching an elastic band to the timer selection knob on the front of the panel.

I want to complete the fix. I suspect that the timer has dirty contacts and I wish to remove it, open it, clean it, and return it, but I am unable to identify how to release the timer knob and its skirt from the panel. Also, in frustration, I have broken the knob itself, so I will have to replace it eventually anyway.

Your assistance and guidance is appreciated!