Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kinetikkurtis Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 8:39:46 AM(UTC)

I received this unit from my mother's house and it worked perfectly there, it was in her kitchen. I took it to my house to put in my garage and plugged it in. It seems that it is not getting cold now. The freezer is blowing and you can hear it running but i have had freeze pops in there and they are not freezing. Could ther be a voltage mismatch between kitchen outlets and garage outlets?
kinetikkurtis Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2009 8:37:47 AM(UTC)

I received this unit from my mother's house and it worked perfectly there, it was in her kitchen. I took it to my house to put in my garage and plugged it in. It seems that it is not getting cold now. The freezer is blowing and you can hear it running but i have had freeze pops in there and they are not freezing. Could ther be a voltage mismatch between kitchen outlets and garage outlets?
mulnixii Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2009 2:46:45 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: jdman Go to Quoted Post
If the condensor fan motor is not working, you found the problem.

the condensor fan is on back or bottom on the outside of the unit the evaperator fan is on the inside of the freezer.
douville Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 8:18:44 AM(UTC)

jdman thanks for your help it is nice to have it running again a new fan has been ordered.
jdman Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:04:49 AM(UTC)

Glad you found the problem. Normally though when they start acting like this they are at the end of there life. You might want to order a motor and have it on hand. Then when it quits, you won't be down while your getting a motor. They are not expensive or hard to change out.
douville Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 8:24:58 PM(UTC)

i reached in the freezer part and thru the grate that covers the fan turned it with a round file as it was the handist thing anyway it moved a little and i kept turning it and it started to spin slowly at first than at a faster speed it now is running at i think normal speed maybe it needs a drop of oil or has gummed up for some reason. will run it and see what it does
jdman Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 6:59:06 PM(UTC)

Before you shut the unit down and noticed that the fan was not running did you notice ice on the evaporator. You can chech the motor for continuity or you can unwire fan and wire to jumper cord to test. I beleive your motor has gone bad
douville Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 5:27:46 PM(UTC)

tried holding the switch and it does not come on
jdman Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 4:15:43 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: douville Go to Quoted Post
the condenser fan does work the fan located in the freezer portion of the refrigerator has not come on do not know what triggers it but believe it moves cold air to the refrigerator portion and circulates the cold air inside the freezer part also believe this may be the problem but do not know how to check it

With the door open the evaporator fan will not run. You will have to oudh in on the door switch with your finger to see if it will come on or not.
douville Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 3:31:42 PM(UTC)

the condenser fan does work the fan located in the freezer portion of the refrigerator has not come on do not know what triggers it but believe it moves cold air to the refrigerator portion and circulates the cold air inside the freezer part also believe this may be the problem but do not know how to check it