Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
CletusT Posted: Saturday, October 3, 2015 6:41:38 AM(UTC)

I believe if you had hooked it up wrong the breaker would have tripped. It's pretty simple to hook up a new cord and I would bet you did so correctly. Most likely something happened to the dryer during the move that has caused it to be noisy. It could be something as simple as the cabinet rattling or a bearing.
kjcristillo Posted: Friday, October 2, 2015 4:31:14 PM(UTC)

I recently moved, and just changed my dryer's power cord from a four prong to a three prong. I'm almost positive it is connected correctly. It runs as normal and heats, but now it makes a rattling noise, almost like you can hear the drum rotating and whirring. Could this just simply be the bearings? Would anything occur that would let me know that I hooked up the cord incorrectly, like a noise or something? I would assume hooking up the cord incorrectly would result in it not working, blowing a fuse, or worse, but not making a rattling noise. Afraid to run the dryer and just want to be sure it's not going to ignite!