Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Friday, December 1, 2023 5:33:12 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
I’m dealing with the same thing. Model KRSC703HPS00. Service company came out said a design flaw and stopped making fridge - something with evaporator coil. KitchenAid tech is coming tomorrow - if part of sealed system should be covered under the limited warranty (2-5 years from purchase) … but sounds like it’s not fixable. Anyone know what happens if they can’t fix it

I have same problem with the same fridge! Already paid$1000 for new fan and computer and it's still frosting up and getting warm every 2 weeks.
Guest Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2022 2:12:57 PM(UTC)

I’m dealing with the same thing. Model KRSC703HPS00. Service company came out said a design flaw and stopped making fridge - something with evaporator coil. KitchenAid tech is coming tomorrow - if part of sealed system should be covered under the limited warranty (2-5 years from purchase) … but sounds like it’s not fixable. Anyone know what happens if they can’t fix it
Guest Posted: Sunday, January 9, 2022 1:15:27 PM(UTC)

If you find out I need to know to......been having this problem a long time and every time the tech comes he just says it is an issue with whirlpool fridge.....he defrosts it and leaves.....I eventually started just defrosting it myself. But it is happening so often now I can't keep putting up with this.
omare34 Posted: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 1:16:48 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: blahblah24 Go to Quoted Post
There is a sensor in the refrigerator compartment that it took 4 different techs to find and about 20 calls to Kitchen Aid. The sensor in under a white cover about 2/3 of the way up from the bottom of the fridge on the right side of the fridge compartment. The white cover almost looks like a shelf holder. Get someone to replace that sensor and PROBLEM SOLVED. You have no idea how tired I was of this damned refrigerator, but my guy from Floyd, VA solved the problem!!!

Hi all - hate to resurrect a suuuuper old thread but I think starting a bunch of threads on the same topic is frowned upon??

Anyways I came across this thread recently and I'm having the exact same issue. As described by the OP. I already replaced the thermistor with no luck. I'm thinking my culprit may be the same sensor blahblah24 described above but i'm not sure where to find it?

Any help is appreciated!! The model I have is a Kitchen Aid KRMF606ESS00.

Thanks.
blahblah24 Posted: Sunday, April 9, 2017 4:59:30 PM(UTC)

There is a sensor in the refrigerator compartment that it took 4 different techs to find and about 20 calls to Kitchen Aid. The sensor in under a white cover about 2/3 of the way up from the bottom of the fridge on the right side of the fridge compartment. The white cover almost looks like a shelf holder. Get someone to replace that sensor and PROBLEM SOLVED. You have no idea how tired I was of this damned refrigerator, but my guy from Floyd, VA solved the problem!!!
steve1147 Posted: Friday, August 21, 2015 4:09:10 AM(UTC)

Guess I'll order the thermistor and try that....
steve1147 Posted: Friday, August 21, 2015 4:08:37 AM(UTC)

That's the odd thing, there's no defrost heater, etc. for this evap coil, just a thermistor clipped to it.
CletusT Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:20:57 AM(UTC)

I would guess the thermistor could be bad, but I'm not 100% sure. The sensor you mention could be bad as well.
The last thing I would check may be the control board, not allowing the evap to defrost. Maybe one of the pros can answer better than I.
steve1147 Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:30:22 AM(UTC)

Tried it again, froze up in less than two weeks this time
steve1147 Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2015 4:16:04 AM(UTC)

Yup, the fan runs. Off and on.