Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Nick from Detroit Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2014 3:27:00 PM(UTC)

Thanks, Eric.
That's what I figured, but, I thought it was worth a shot to ask, appliance repair not being my regular gig. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 4:14:59 PM(UTC)

There are obviously other failed components on the circuit board. Without a schematic of the board, which you will never get, there's nothing much you can do.

Eric
Nick from Detroit Posted: Friday, August 29, 2014 3:38:09 PM(UTC)

I'm trying to fix my sister's [COLOR="Blue"]GGW9868[/COLOR] dryer, which I determined that the control board ([COLOR="Red"]3980061[/COLOR]) was bad. When you pressed a cycle button, a relay would "click" but nothing would happen. After checking the motor, all safeties, and gas valve, the only thing left was the board.
My dryer is the same model, so I plugged my board into her dryer and it's worked okay since then.

I noticed a burn mark on one of the pins for the motor relay when I removed the board. I located the relay online, ordered, and soldered it in.
When I plugged the power cord in, the motor started immediately, without touching any panel buttons. The door switch kills power to the motor when opened. I can feel, and hear, the motor relay coil pull in when I plug in the power cord. It receives 12vdc from the transformer.
I tried a couple of different drying cycles, and the burner fired fine.
This board is no longer available, so, she would have to buy a refurbished one for $100-$250.

I guess I need to know what is causing the motor relay to receive 12vdc continuously when I plug in the power cord? And, is there a fix?
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!