Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 3:30:40 AM(UTC)

I cannot find any tech info on this unit but should not need it.

Thermistors vary resistance with temperature.

Thermostats are either open (infinite ohms) or closed (0 ohms).
They put a 1 ohm or less spec on it when closed as a higher reading would point to a problem with the thermostat contacts either dirty or pitted.
Yours look OK.

FYI It is always a good idea to short the meter leads together before reading resistance. This lets you know if there is a zero offset in the meter and how much the reading will jump around at 0 ohms.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
jhuck Posted: Thursday, March 6, 2014 7:22:46 PM(UTC)

I've got a question about the reading I'm getting on the thermostats in this dryer. The paper work with the dryer said I should get 1 ohm. If I get infinity, I should replace. Well, I'm not getting infinity, my old Fluke multimeter is showing 0 or .1 ohms. Sometimes it flashes -.1. The reading was taken with the power cord unplugged and one terminal unplugged from the thermo. My question is this: does this need to be replaced?

More info: the dryer stopped heating. It will run like normal but will not heat up. I'm getting infinity across the heating element so I know that part is bad (plus my wife noticed a hot/burning smell the last few times she used it).

I see that you can replace just the heating element or the whole assembly. I don't want to do the element and then have to turn around and buy more parts. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Joel