Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
rodikaenderson Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:43:40 AM(UTC)

Please to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing over the buttons firmly.
Appliance Ninja Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:16:50 PM(UTC)

Great, thank you! I have that tech sheet but it is not usually helpful unless all the buttons work. Thanks again, have a great evening!
jtmcgarry Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:12:41 PM(UTC)

Thanks Ninja! I tried the hair dryer trick but no luck. I am ordering the touch pad control panel. I also found this tech sheet that was very helpful on another post. It is too large to upload on this site so it is on another site, Download MDB7709.pdf

Un-click the " use our download manager" as this may install software on your computer that you do not want and then download it using the gray button.

Read more: http://forum.appliancepartspros...-work.html#ixzz2kTJayvW6
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com

Thanks again!
Jack
Appliance Ninja Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:23:36 AM(UTC)

The symptoms you are experiencing, especially after replacing the control, do suggest the control panel is indeed shorted. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing over the buttons firmly. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. The correct one for your model is available at the link below.

Whirlpool W10199787 Panel-Cntl - AppliancePartsPros.com
jtmcgarry Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 1:39:59 PM(UTC)

Before this dishwasher stopped working, various lights were blinking and it would run a partial cycle after resetting the circuit breaker. After that it just stopped working all together and no lights would come on.

Based on other threads I read on this site, I decided to replace the electronic control board (part number W10298356). After I replaced it, I closed the door and turned the power on. No buttons worked. So I opened the door on the dishwasher, turned the circuit breaker off, waited 15 seconds and turned it back on. When I close the door on the dishwasher, the drain motor runs for 60 seconds, then the wash light comes on (motor still running) for another 60 seconds and then it stops - no lights. After that, no buttons/lights work on the front panel. I have repeated this 3 times after turning the circuit breaker off/on.

Do I need to replace the front membrane control panel as well?

Thank you,
Jack