Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 5:27:34 AM(UTC)

If no dispenser, there should be a cap that needs to be removed from the top of the agitator to access the bolt.

Eric
phyllsplace Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:20:44 PM(UTC)

My machine does not have fabric softener dispenser in the agitator. Does this make a difference with the directions you posted above?

Thank you for all of your help! It is greatly appreciated!
fairbank56 Posted: Saturday, October 5, 2013 11:09:17 AM(UTC)

Very strange problem, haven't seen that one. You need to remove the agitator and try to see what's going on. The metal agitator shaft end is splined and those splines mate with splines up inside the lower agitator. Take the fabric softener dispenser off the top of the agitator, remove the inner cap and use a 7/16" socket with extension to reach down into agitator to remove the agitator bolt. Pull agitator and check splines on agitator shaft and up inside the agitator.

Whirlpool 285574 Agitator (complete) - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
phyllsplace Posted: Saturday, October 5, 2013 10:15:32 AM(UTC)

Sorry about that. Here it is LXR9245EQ1. The top part moves clockwise and the bottom part doesn't move at all. Thank you for your help!
fairbank56 Posted: Saturday, October 5, 2013 9:09:33 AM(UTC)

Check that model number, doesn't come up. Are you saying the top part goes back and forth and the bottom part does not move at all? Top part should only go in clockwise direction.

Eric
phyllsplace Posted: Saturday, October 5, 2013 8:49:31 AM(UTC)

I have a Whirpool Heavy Duty Extra Large Capacity Plus washing machine. It has a dual agitator. The top part agitates but the bottom part does not. Can you help me? Thank you!