Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
keyvie Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 11:52:44 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ctsearch Go to Quoted Post
My range is so old that I haven't been able find specific info about it. It is a 30 inch drop in model with controls along the left side.

I have 2 burners that are not working. Tested the burners and they are fine but when I opened up the top I discovered that the wires had come loose from the the receptacles for those 2 burners and the receptacles are in bad shape. The insulation on the wires is very degraded. I want to replace the wires as well as the receptacles. The problem is the wire that comes with new receptacles is very short so I am going to need more high temp wire to reach the controls. I know that high temp wire comes in different gauges. What gauge wire do I need to use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheryl

Hi Cheryl I have the same type of unit and was wondering how do u open the top of the range to get to the wiring? I need to do that to check my wiring. Any help or instructions would be appreciated. Thanks.
ctsearch Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:49:20 PM(UTC)

My range is so old that I haven't been able find specific info about it. It is a 30 inch drop in model with controls along the left side.

I have 2 burners that are not working. Tested the burners and they are fine but when I opened up the top I discovered that the wires had come loose from the the receptacles for those 2 burners and the receptacles are in bad shape. The insulation on the wires is very degraded. I want to replace the wires as well as the receptacles. The problem is the wire that comes with new receptacles is very short so I am going to need more high temp wire to reach the controls. I know that high temp wire comes in different gauges. What gauge wire do I need to use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheryl