Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ctsearch  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:49:20 PM(UTC)
ctsearch

Groups: Registered

My range is so old that I haven't been able find specific info about it. It is a 30 inch drop in model with controls along the left side.

I have 2 burners that are not working. Tested the burners and they are fine but when I opened up the top I discovered that the wires had come loose from the the receptacles for those 2 burners and the receptacles are in bad shape. The insulation on the wires is very degraded. I want to replace the wires as well as the receptacles. The problem is the wire that comes with new receptacles is very short so I am going to need more high temp wire to reach the controls. I know that high temp wire comes in different gauges. What gauge wire do I need to use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheryl
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

keyvie  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 11:52:44 AM(UTC)
keyvie

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: ctsearch Go to Quoted Post
My range is so old that I haven't been able find specific info about it. It is a 30 inch drop in model with controls along the left side.

I have 2 burners that are not working. Tested the burners and they are fine but when I opened up the top I discovered that the wires had come loose from the the receptacles for those 2 burners and the receptacles are in bad shape. The insulation on the wires is very degraded. I want to replace the wires as well as the receptacles. The problem is the wire that comes with new receptacles is very short so I am going to need more high temp wire to reach the controls. I know that high temp wire comes in different gauges. What gauge wire do I need to use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheryl

Hi Cheryl I have the same type of unit and was wondering how do u open the top of the range to get to the wiring? I need to do that to check my wiring. Any help or instructions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply