Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:03:35 PM(UTC)

Remove the washer cabinet and check the suspension springs and the mounting plate.

Check the drive block as described in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...ir/373-not-spinning.html

Post the results.

Gene.
driveguy Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 3:26:49 PM(UTC)

Kenmore 11020722990 Top Load ~13-14 years old. Need to get ~1.5 more years out of it.

Has a loud bang when it is starting the spin.

Seems to agitate just fine. Drains fine. If I put it on the rinse spin cycle and push the lid switch and watch it, it spins up just fine. Looks a little out of balance though (empty it the top of the agitator moves about an inch in diameter larger than the top of the agitator itself). When I let off the lid switch it seems to coast/brake down without any noises in about 3 seconds when a full load is in there. It's getting to the point that it moves the washer about 10 degrees (or about 5 inches).

I've repaired various things on this washer before...but this one is a first. any ideas?