Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ripleys Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:42:57 PM(UTC)

Replacing a GE dishwasher pump is a very easy non complicated job. The easiest way is to pull the dishwasher from the cabinet and lay it on it's back. A couple of clamps and wires and the pump will be in your hands. Everything comes off from the bottom. Don't be intimidated, by this beast cause once it's on it's back, it's at your mercy.
Gordon Casey Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 6:20:16 PM(UTC)

My mother's 3 year old Triton tall tub dishwasher, which is run about 3-4 times per week has already been pronouced uneconomical to repair by a GE technician because the bearings in the motor are worn out. Other than our obvious disgust with GE considering such a short product life span, we are trying to decide what to do next. One option they're not considering is paying the market repair cost, they'd rather purchase a new dishwasher, and my mom has found a KitchenAid she likes.

I used to rebuild Whirlpool belt-drive washers for a hobby (60 of them in 4 years) so I am quite confident that I can swap the motor/pump assembly for a new one, and still have a wholesale parts account that I can use vs. paying retail for the part. I am considering installing a replacement motor for her to save her the replacement cost.

Rather that learn the best way to do this by trial and error like I did on the washers, can someone enlighten me on the best replacement procedure to fix mom's dishwasher so she doesn't have to spend the $700 on the KitchenAid? Based on the noises my GE is making (it's very similar) my dishwasher may not be far behind hers in failure, so I may be doing this twice in the near future, or we're buying two new machines.

If anyone can share any advise on fixing these beasts, I'd be very appreciative. THANKS!

Gordon