Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 2:14:48 PM(UTC)

You are welcome Ron. BTW, I did recommend to replace the burner assembly because I felt the problem was with the flame sensing.

Gene.
chilidog Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 4:44:19 PM(UTC)

I put in the new burner, the same problem. It lights once, heats for afew minutes, goes off, tries 4 sparks to relight and it doesnt light. After a few minutes, it tries to relight,4 sparks, sometimes it lights, more often it doesn't. This is the same with the all the new parts, or the old parts.

Right now, using the old burner, I drilled 2 small holes closer to the spark ignighter(sensor). I have fined tuned the sensor , bending it to a spot where it lights on the first attempt. I bent it closer and in a postion that gets more flame. It so far has acheived the correct temps I have told it. This is also with all the original parts.

I think most of my ovens problem is altitude. The oven has worked fine for years, I have no idea why it started this not staying lit problem, but as it is set now, after several test runs, it is doing good.

I will keep you posted, thanks for all your help Gene, I appeciate it.

Ron
Gene Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:24:00 PM(UTC)

You are welcome Ron. Hopefully it will fix it. Keep us posted.

Gene.
chilidog Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 5:13:55 PM(UTC)

The burner is in transit now. I know how hard it is to diagnose stuff without actually being the technician looking at the appliance. I appreciate your help, on my own I would probably just throw the $2000 oven out.

Thanks alot for your help, Ron
Gene Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:58:29 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: chilidog Go to Quoted Post
...I live at 8700 feet, I wonder if enlarging the holes on the burner made it worse...

Yes Ron. At such elevation it definitely made it worse. Very likely the igniter, which is the flame sensor at the same time, does not do it well because of weak flame. Order and instal the new burner.

Gene.
chilidog Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:58:20 PM(UTC)

Gene, I just ran the clean cycle for a few minutes, It got up over 500*, I could see the burner through the glass, it never went out or tried to relight. It was on constant. My temp probe only goes to 500*, so I know it much much warmer. Everything seemed to work as normal, door locked, I could time self clean, all panel lights came on as they should. Does this tell you anything?
chilidog Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:44:44 PM(UTC)

The thermometer is on a wire probe, the door is staying closed on the cord. I live at 8700 feet, I wonder if enlarging the holes on the burner made it worse. For other gas, gasoline products, we put smaller jets(orifice) in them because of thin air to adjust the fuel input. Wouldn't drilling out the burner as I did increase the fuel and lower the oxygen?

I took the oven back off again to check the temp probe. I wasn't aware of the wire color to check it from the front. I have ordered the burner assy, some how I messed up the order, only ordered the spark control.

Thanks for any help, Ron
Gene Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:29:33 PM(UTC)

The normal reading at 70°F suppose to be 1080 Ohm. 1108 Ohm reading corresponds to 83°F.

Where did you measure it: at the control board or at the sensor plug on the back of the range? More accurate way in such situation is to do it at the control board plug.

Also, a laser thermometer is not accurate to use it in ovens. It measures a temperatures of a metal surfaces but not the air temperature inside the oven. You have to have the oven on for at least two hours to get such reading more or less accurate. I'm afraid I did not get clear what did you mean
Quote:
...a digital thermostat with a silicone wire, metal probe...
Did you open the oven door during the oven temperature tests?

Quote:
... After pre heat session is complete, oven is still restarting...
Also I did recommend you to order the burner/igniter assembly if the flame will cycle on & off.

Don't worry about money you paid for parts because you always can return unneeded parts later.

Gene.
P.S. I hope you understand that I'm trying to diagnose the problem with your oven remotely and, doing that, I should rely on all information provided by you.
chilidog Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 3:53:30 PM(UTC)

The sensor temp was room temp, about 70*.

After 30 minutes, I turned oven off. It showing 350* still, fan running, thermometer reading 120* and dropping.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 3:45:30 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: chilidog Go to Quoted Post
...The oven sensor is at 1108 ohms...

At what temperature did you get it?

Gene.