Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gary/APP Team Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 12:29:07 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Dirtgirl13 Go to Quoted Post
First off let me say this is the first attempt ever to fix any type of appliance! And I'm sorry in advance for any stupid questions! =)

Now then, my problem is that our ice maker leaks into our ice collection bucket and down the back wall of the freezer. Ice maker works fine (does of course have a problem with clumping when water leaks into it and freezes) and water dispenser also works perfectly fine. We have not been able to see where the leak is coming from and we do not have a manual book (bought fridge with house).

I have no idea how to proceed and was hoping you could lead me in the right direction. :confused:
Hello . What it sounds like is your Part number: AP3103466
Part number: AP3103466
valve is bleeding thru or not closing all the way when the ice maker calls for water, the next reason this would be happening is the Part number: AP2984633
Part number: AP2984633
what happens is the mold where the ice is formed starts loosing the protective coating, due to the hardness of the water, most likely you have a bad water valve thank you and good luck !
Dirtgirl13 Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:33:27 PM(UTC)

First off let me say this is the first attempt ever to fix any type of appliance! And I'm sorry in advance for any stupid questions! =)

Now then, my problem is that our ice maker leaks into our ice collection bucket and down the back wall of the freezer. Ice maker works fine (does of course have a problem with clumping when water leaks into it and freezes) and water dispenser also works perfectly fine. We have not been able to see where the leak is coming from and we do not have a manual book (bought fridge with house).

I have no idea how to proceed and was hoping you could lead me in the right direction. :confused:

Thank you!
Dawn M.