Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:34:58 PM(UTC)

The problem can be a bad drive block (#13 on the diagram), a bad drive coupling or a bad clutch (#13 or #5 on the diagram). You can find much more specific information in our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...ir/373-not-spinning.html and http://forum.appliancepartspros...-washer-brake-shoes.html

- The drive block Part number: AP2905773
Part number: AP2905773

- The motor drive coupling Part number: AP3963893
Part number: AP3963893

- The clutch Part number: AP3094537
Part number: AP3094537

Gene.
Shadowjedi Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:57:16 AM(UTC)

Opened lid, held actuator with screwdriver as instructed. Drum wanted to spin (was moving very, very slowly). When I reached in to rotate drum manually, it rotated and spinned slightly (after I released it) then began to move very, very, slowly again.
Gene Posted: Monday, January 9, 2012 3:37:46 PM(UTC)

Sorry for the delay.

Open the lid and using a screwdriver, push and hold the lid switch actuator. What if the inner tub will spin or try to spin. Try to rotate it manually. Post the results.

Gene.
Shadowjedi Posted: Friday, January 6, 2012 8:12:38 PM(UTC)

I apologize, for some reason my previous reply did not post. I opened the lid (completely) and closed it, it still does not spin.
Gene Posted: Friday, January 6, 2012 5:58:50 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Shadowjedi Go to Quoted Post
...I lifted the lid (enough to keep the lid switch engaged)...

This is not what I asked you to do. Open the lid completely.

Gene.
Shadowjedi Posted: Friday, January 6, 2012 9:32:23 AM(UTC)

I ran machine througha a cycle and when it came to the spin cycle, I lifted the lid (enough to keep the lid switch engaged) and the drum it turning very, very slowly. Is it still the timer or some other problem (i.e. clutch, brake)? Please advise. Thanks very much.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2012 12:59:05 PM(UTC)

When it comes to spin, open and close the lid. If it would spin, replace the timer.

- The timer Part number: AP3604425
Shadowjedi Posted: Tuesday, January 3, 2012 9:47:56 AM(UTC)

I have an Estate Washer (approximately 7.5 yrs. old) that will not spin. Regardless of what setting I use (i.e.; normal, gentle, perm. press) it will not go through spin cycle. The machine goes through all other cycles (i.e. wash, spin, drain) just fine but will not go through spin cycle. The timer works fine and goes to finish (end). Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused: