Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2022 8:33:32 AM(UTC)

The noise may be the drum seam .
rdrum94 Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 6:41:38 AM(UTC)

Try utube.
Ted/APP Team Posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 12:21:01 PM(UTC)

Hi. The fast track service manual for the Samsung dryer model # DV219AGW/XAA will be sent. The gas valve is Part number: AP3845027
Part number: AP3845027
. The bubble leak detector is Part number: AP3766089
Part number: AP3766089
. Good luck. Thank You.

Originally Posted by: Replacement Go to Quoted Post
Where can I find a service manual that shows how to get to the gas valve in the dryer?
HerbG Posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 11:53:30 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Ted/APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi. We first need your model # to get you the correct part #'s. If the dryer cabinet is still in good shape and the overall consideration of shopping and replacing the unit -vs- part replacement is under 50% total replacement cost, then it is worth repair (parts availability consideration as well). The new gas valve should come with the coils as well. A new ignitor, belt and rollers (thumping noise) will help as well. Thank You.

Thanks, Ted.
As it turns out I think the gas problem is okay. The gas smell never happened again, and we went ahead with the replacement of the right roller which helped the noisy situation considerably, and we also have the inside a good cleaning. The gas valve seems to work fine and the flame is strong. The left roller, however was a problem--I couldn't figure out how to get the tinnerman (?) clip off since it is so tight against the triangle clip, and there is still a "ch-ch-ch-ch" noise (about 10x per drum revolution). The left roller looks okay but could that sound be from a slight invisible wearing of the roller? Or could it be the felt bearing around the front of the drum? Otherwise the dryer is still working fine and heats well.
Ted/APP Team Posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 6:30:00 AM(UTC)

Hi. We first need your model # to get you the correct part #'s. If the dryer cabinet is still in good shape and the overall consideration of shopping and replacing the unit -vs- part replacement is under 50% total replacement cost, then it is worth repair (parts availability consideration as well). The new gas valve should come with the coils as well. A new ignitor, belt and rollers (thumping noise) will help as well. Thank You.

Originally Posted by: HerbG Go to Quoted Post
We smell gas when opening our 24-year-old Whirlpool dryer after it has been on. Is this likely to be a connection, valve, coil, or what? We'll try the soap test on the gas line but suspect that's okay. Is it worth repairing if it's the valve? The dryer still dries well, though it rumbles loudly and we are considering replacing the rollers and shafts, which seems to be a minor cost if the gas valve isn't a problem.
HerbG Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 5:17:21 PM(UTC)

We smell gas when opening our 24-year-old Whirlpool dryer after it has been on. Is this likely to be a connection, valve, coil, or what? We'll try the soap test on the gas line but suspect that's okay. Is it worth repairing if it's the valve? The dryer still dries well, though it rumbles loudly and we are considering replacing the rollers and shafts, which seems to be a minor cost if the gas valve isn't a problem.
Ted/APP Team Posted: Monday, May 7, 2012 5:31:32 AM(UTC)

Hi. Use bubble leak detctor Part number: AP3766089
Part number: AP3766089
on all gas lines at all the connectors. Snug the connections while using 2- wrenches. Use one to firmly hold the device that the connector is connected to.Then the 2nd wrench on the connector itself. Then check with the bubble soap for leaks and shown bubbles. Do this at all connections coming from the wall behind the unit and the unit shut off valve behind the unit. Check the unit pressure regulator connections. Then Replace the flex line from the saftey valve to the back of the unit. Carefully coil the flex line so it has an accoriding effect when you push the unit back in. The original line may have a issue and need replaced. Be sure to wipe all soap off the connections after reapplying gas supply. Let us know what you find and if we can assist you further. Thank You.
Replacement Posted: Sunday, May 6, 2012 7:55:32 AM(UTC)

I opened it up and everything seems good and tight, not sure where to go from here...
Replacement Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2011 11:26:07 AM(UTC)

I found a you tube video on how to open up the front panel. As soon as I get some time I will be checking for leaks inside the dryer.
ApplianceJunk Posted: Friday, December 16, 2011 3:38:59 PM(UTC)

I could not locate a service manual for this model dryer.

I will do some asking around. If you find one please consider sharing it with me. :)