Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Ardith Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:54:46 PM(UTC)

Thank you for the information and advise. I really appreciate it.
Adam / APP Team Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:16:21 PM(UTC)

Dear Ardith

When it comes to discharging a capacitor I really don't like to advise for fear of electrical shock.
Besides you may not have to as long as you steer clear of it. I just like to warn people.
If any doubts I would consider a tech due to the danger of the hi voltage system.
Ardith Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:00:00 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Adam Go to Quoted Post
Dear Ardith,

There are no step by step instructions that I know of out there but usually if there is no cover on the inner cavity of the microwave to access the bulb you have to pull the microwave off the wall and remove the wrapper.

Its usually located toward the top.

Be care though. There is a hi- voltage capacitor that holds a charge and can be dangerous.

Thank you so much for the information. The microwave is heavy and to remove it will be a pain. Also, is there any way to discharge the capacitor? How would you know if it is discharged? Is my only option a certified technician?
Adam / APP Team Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:37:30 PM(UTC)

Dear Ardith,

There are no step by step instructions that I know of out there but usually if there is no cover on the inner cavity of the microwave to access the bulb you have to pull the microwave off the wall and remove the wrapper.

Its usually located toward the top.

Be care though. There is a hi- voltage capacitor that holds a charge and can be dangerous.
Ardith Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:00:33 PM(UTC)

I have a JVM1790SK Microwave/Convection oven. The interior light is no longer working. Are there any instructions for replacing it? Where is the bulb located? Since it no longer lights, I can't tell where it is located. Thanks