Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 1:20:20 AM(UTC)

Good advice Gene, one hint was the fact that it is intermittant which happens with electronic devices; never saw an intermittant optics board.
Gene Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:56:18 PM(UTC)

More likely the only problem is a bad ice maker.

Gene.
JERRY314 Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:45:16 PM(UTC)

sometimes it blinks and sometimes it doesn't. Is there a problem with the valve or something else?
Gene Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:41:13 PM(UTC)

Quote:
...the ice won't dump after it freezes and it doesn't seem to have enough water in the tray...

Seems that there are two separate problems and the first problem is more important. What is the status of the green LED? If it's blinking, the ice maker has to be replaced.

The new ice maker has an adapter and can be used with different kind of plugs.

- The ice maker Part number: AP4345120
Part number: AP4345120

Gene.
JERRY314 Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:31:16 PM(UTC)

seems that the ice won't dump after it freezes and it doesn't seem to have enough water in the tray. I don't see any water adjustment inside the icemaker since it has a circuit board inside. So is there another adjustment elsewhere for the water or is it just the valve?
Gene Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 12:42:38 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: JERRY314 Go to Quoted Post
ICEMAKEWR MODEL # IS wr30x10014, from what i'v e found this model has been replaced, mine has a 4 pin rectangular plug where most of the new ones have a round plug. Someone has suggested that i replace it with a Frigidare icemaker because they are more dependable. we don't have a lot of funds right now so i didn't want to buy a lot of parts that i may not need. the fridge is a GE Profile Arctic mod. PSS27NHMDWW purchased about 5-6 years ago.

Jerry,

What was the original problem?

Gene.
JERRY314 Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:17:36 AM(UTC)

ICEMAKEWR MODEL # IS wr30x10014, from what i'v e found this model has been replaced, mine has a 4 pin rectangular plug where most of the new ones have a round plug. Someone has suggested that i replace it with a Frigidare icemaker because they are more dependable. we don't have a lot of funds right now so i didn't want to buy a lot of parts that i may not need. the fridge is a GE Profile Arctic mod. PSS27NHMDWW purchased about 5-6 years ago.
richappy Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:05:14 AM(UTC)

Re-post with the correct model #
JERRY314 Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:34:08 AM(UTC)

my ge icemaker has a circuit board in the icemaker, so i don't see an adjustment screw to change the water supply time?
richappy Posted: Friday, October 26, 2007 12:56:16 PM(UTC)

If you have low water pressure to the valve,when you replace it, you may find it didn't solve the problem. If the old valve has an inlet screen, you might want to check it for sediment.