Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
padronman01 Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2010 11:47:09 AM(UTC)

I taped the wires, and poof, there was my flame. Thank you. Now, hopefully I can get the part...
kayakcrzy Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:51:00 PM(UTC)

Glad to help both of you. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
dirtguy150 Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:21:23 PM(UTC)

I had the same exact problem and it seems my thermal fuse was bad also. I'm off to order one right away. Thanks for the help!!!!
paul armbruster Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 8:11:21 PM(UTC)

I have a Kenmore dryer with the same symptom and used your troubleshooting tip to fix it. Thank you. Paul A.
kayakcrzy Posted: Monday, December 1, 2008 4:14:18 AM(UTC)

Take a look and see if the glow coil comes on. If not, take the back off the dryer, and you will see a part about an inch and a half long, by a half inch wide, and it is white in color. That is the thermal fuse. Make sure the dryer is unplugged, and take the 2 wires off the thermal fuse, and put the terminal ends together, and put a little tape on it, so it does not hit metal, and then see if it works. If it does, DO NOT RUN the dryer that way. That thermal fuse is the only thing stopping that dryer from burning down the house. If it does not work it will either be the ignitor or the flame sensor. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Ron S Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2008 1:28:06 PM(UTC)

My gas dryer will not heat up but the drum will turn. no lint and the vent is clear.