Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Oh it's Bo Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 4:58:57 PM(UTC)

Check out this thread :)
http://goo.gl/l4oeD
fisheyes31 Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2008 2:24:19 PM(UTC)

I just removed the newest display board and put the old one back in. This time I hadn't turned the power off because I figured it was just low voltage. Changed the display and as I was putting it back, the touch pad seemed to be working. My first thought was maybe one of the cables I had installed wrong, but before I could get all the screws back in the touch pad quit working. So I changed back to the new display and the same thing happened. It works for just a little while and then as time go by the sound just gets weaker. This actually doesn't take more than a minute or two. It acts like it runs out of power for some reason. The old display you can still see faint numbers (time) the new one you can't see anything. Before I had turned the power off, and before I could get back to the oven, I guess it had lost enough power to make anything work.
denman Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2008 12:30:31 PM(UTC)

Cannot comment on the spot.

If a board fails it can do it in a number of ways: the display could go out, parts of the display could go out, some of the buttons may stop working, all of the buttons stop working, timer stops, etc. etc. etc.

Sorry cannot find a trouble shooting check sheet.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
fisheyes31 Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2008 9:42:51 AM(UTC)

The spot I noticed was as you hold the display with front side facing you , the burnt spot is on the top left. I had figured if the display was bad the touch pad for turning oven on and temp. control would still work. Is there any troubleshooting guide? I haven't looked at the service manual too much yet. Just figured I would get over my head pretty quick. I ordered the display from this web site and it really didn't look like it had been tampered with, unless somebody took a lot of pains to make it look that way. I do appreciate your interest and any suggestions are appreciated.
denman Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 3:27:19 PM(UTC)

Here is your parts breakdown
Model W30400B

It does have a view of the back of the board, I could not see anything that looked like a burn mark on it.
If the burn mark was under the resistor lower left corner beside the white plug then you received a used board.
fisheyes31 Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 2:39:39 PM(UTC)

The model number is W30400B. Now the oven will not work at all. The touch pad seems to unresponsive and of course there are not anything on the display. The display I got appeared to be new, but I did notice a spot on the corner that looked like there was a burnt place. Looked at the old one and it had the same spot, so I figured when they are made that spot is part of the process. Unless someone has a good answer I may be looking for a new oven. Think it is still something simple but don't know how much time and money it will take to find the problem. I am going to take the display off tonight and be sure the cables are all tight. When I put it back together it would still work. Hadn't used it for awhile and in that time it had quit. The oven light button does still work so I assume the wide ribbon is installed properly.
denman Posted: Monday, December 8, 2008 4:31:16 AM(UTC)

Does your Model Number have one or two letters after it.
When I do a search using W30400 everything that comes up has these.

I know a dim or no display is common with these, getting a bad one out of the box seems unlikely but stranger things have happened.

You didn't happen to notice if the replacement board looked brand spanking new. Could be someone returned it and it ended up back in stock. This is the reason most places do not allow the return of electronic parts.

Here is a service manual which is not very good
http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16010312.pdf

Could be something on the relay board but I doubt it since the display went dim.
Eddie365 Posted: Sunday, December 7, 2008 4:42:23 PM(UTC)

Hi, I can't find any other reason to do this but to replace the electronic

clock assembly wich you already did. Check the connections once again make sure the ribbon

connector is making a good connection.
fisheyes31 Posted: Sunday, December 7, 2008 4:12:59 PM(UTC)

Ordered AP367441 and installed it this weekend. Was not a problem to change but I still don't have any display for temp. or time. Could this not be the right one or is there some way I could have installed this part wrong and burnt it up? The key pad seems to work and the oven still seems to operate like it should, but for some reason my wife would like to see numbers on the display.
fisheyes31 Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 3:35:36 PM(UTC)

Appreciate the help. Ordered the display and will install it this week.