Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, November 8, 2010 4:18:38 PM(UTC)

You will see the magnetron and how it is secured to the chassis as soon as you removed the outer case. There is nothing complicated, just tons of screws. Click on the diagrams link in one of the previous posts and it might help you too.

Gene.
bloop Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2010 6:10:58 AM(UTC)

Gene

Sorry to bother you again but am having difficulty gaining access to this tube. I have your instructions for removal of tube but they don't seem to apply precisely to the Model JVM1350WW002. Could you possible be more specific as to how to gain access to the tube on this model? I do appreciate your patience and advise.
bloop Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2010 2:50:21 AM(UTC)

Gene,

I finally got my microwave unit out and am ready to open the cabinent. Question: Is there any way to determine whether the magnatron in my unit is bad before I order a new one? Thanks again for all your help.
Gene Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 3:29:01 PM(UTC)

You are welcome.

You are absolutely right about return of the part. The only thing is - it has nothing to do with me. I do not work for Appliance Parts Pros. I'm just one of volunteers helping people like you with their DIY projects.

Gene.
bloop Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 3:06:57 PM(UTC)

Gene,

You're absolutely right about having the new part alongside the old before installing. If I can ever get the unit down so that I may inspect it and assure myself that I am competent enough to replace the Magnetron, I intend to order one. It is my understanding that if this is not the problem, you will accept a return. Is this correct? This may be a moot question since I'm not having much luck in getting the unit down. I have viewed the installation manual and it appears the unit should slide out after a downward tilt. I've tried this method several times but the unit will not release from the wall mounting plate. The unit is a pretty tight fit and I am unable to tilt it down very far. Perhaps that is the problem; however,
I'm a patient man and I'll keep trying. Thank you very much for the information you have provided and please excuse my longwindedness.
Gene Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 12:43:01 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: bloop Go to Quoted Post
...I want to determine if I can remove old Mag before ordering new one...

I do not think it is a good idea. Much easier to remove an old part having a new part next to it. It can protect you from possible mistakes.

The installation instructions might help you to remove the microwave from the cabinet.

Gene.
bloop Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 7:38:26 AM(UTC)

Appreciate your instructions on replacing magnatron. I want to determine if I can remove old Mag before ordering new one, but am having difficulty getting microwave down. Have removed 4 bolts holding unit to upper cabinet. Unit is loose but will not slide out. I think it is somehow attached to the rear wall mounting plate which I don't have access to. Any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks.
bloop Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 3:19:22 AM(UTC)

From your reply to my earlier query, it appears I have a bad Magnatron in my GE Model JV1350WW002 under the cabinent Microwave. I would like to replace this part but am unsure of the magnitude of this project. Do you have available step-by-step instructions for replacement of this part? Thanks.
Gene Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 3:10:30 PM(UTC)

Very likely the problem is a bad magnetron. In order to replace it you have to remove the microwave from the cabinet.

- The magnetron Part number: AP2025937
bloop Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 8:33:04 AM(UTC)

The above microwave oven stopped microwaving today. Everything (lights, vent fan, clock, timer, etc.) works OK except for the microwave function. When any button to microwave is selected, there is a "clicking" noise but no microwaving. Can you advise what the problem(s) might be? Thanks.