Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, October 8, 2008 8:54:40 PM(UTC)

I would start with the main control board replacement. I do not think that any thermistors are damaged because they are not an electronic parts.

- The part number for the main control board is AP3950129

In order to prevent such problems I would recommend to install a power surge protector designed for appliances.

Gene.
tonypro@ooptonline.net Posted: Wednesday, October 8, 2008 6:05:20 AM(UTC)

I have a ge artica model psc23ngnaww that has both lights functioning freezer and refrigerator when the door is opened warm air is circulating thru the unit the compressor fan on the bottom is running and i hear either the water solenoid or the compressor click once. i was told by a hvac tech servicing the ac that it was the compressor was humming (a good thing by him) the front control panel in the refrigerator is dead, it has no display for temp settings, etc. The control panel for the thru the door water has power and responds to pressing.There was a power surge that took out the motherboard on the central ac unit the same time this went down. I viewed both the main motherboard in the back and the smaller board behind the display panel and neither show any apparent burn marks. Do I need to replace the motherboard, the control board circuitry or both? I also understand that if i replace the motherboard, certain other componets (thermisters) need to be replaced, because a shorted thermister will burn out the new board But which ones and where are they?