Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe / APP Team Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 6:42:50 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: gaco Go to Quoted Post
Thank you very much

You're welcome,

Drop us a line , and let us know how things went.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
gaco Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 5:23:11 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Gaco,

Your sump pump seal does not need to be sealed with sealer,

It is a forced pressure fit seal.

But if you prefer, you could put a "thin" coat of silicone sealer on the gasket/seal on both sides(inner and outer).

Some people do, I have as a courtesy to the customer's request.

It's up to you.

:) :) :)

Thank you very much
Joe / APP Team Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 5:19:44 AM(UTC)

Good Morning,

My dishwasher is making a loud whining sound. I wanted to do a complete pump/motor repair with kit # ap4434617. Is this very dificult to install and is an 8 year old machine worth repairing. Thanks.

Gaco,

Your sump pump seal does not need to be sealed with sealer,

It is a forced pressure fit seal.

But if you prefer, you could put a "thin" coat of silicone sealer on the gasket/seal on both sides(inner and outer).

Some people do, I have as a courtesy to the customer's request.

It's up to you.

gaco Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:33:09 AM(UTC)

Gaco,

Were it me,

Yes, I would probably repair the dishwasher, even if it needed a complete pump assembly.

It sounds like you're familiar with a lot of machinery and have a good basic idea of electro-mechanical operation, so I don't believe you would have a problem repairing this unit on your own. I'm guessing, but I don't think it will take you more than an hour to do the repair.

I did not want to offend you, but you may not need a pump assembly at all, it may be as simple as something in the impeller or chopper assembly, and I was hoping you would use the service manual to dismantle the pump, and possibly repair the unit with a less expencive part, if any were needed at all.

Remember, this was a "top end" unit 8 years ago, you may want to shop around for the cost of a new "top end" unit.

I can't guarantee you won't have other problems down the line, but with the manual, your knowledge, and APP Repair forum, I don't see you having any problems for quite a while.

Hope this helps,

Good Luck,

Thanks for the help. I purchased the complete pump assembly. I have one question. I see the heavy black rubber gasket that comes with it. Is that all that creates the seal? Is there any silicone or any other type of adhesive needed to create the water seal? Please let me know.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, September 8, 2010 10:26:27 AM(UTC)

I did recieve the post. I wanted to know if its worth repairing. I still do not have an answer if its worth repairing an 8 year old machine. What is the life expectancy of that type of machine. I also wanted to know if its relatively easy to install that part. I do all of my own plumbing and electrical work.

Gaco,

Were it me,

Yes, I would probably repair the dishwasher, even if it needed a complete pump assembly.

It sounds like you're familiar with a lot of machinery and have a good basic idea of electro-mechanical operation, so I don't believe you would have a problem repairing this unit on your own. I'm guessing, but I don't think it will take you more than an hour to do the repair.

I did not want to offend you, but you may not need a pump assembly at all, it may be as simple as something in the impeller or chopper assembly, and I was hoping you would use the service manual to dismantle the pump, and possibly repair the unit with a less expencive part, if any were needed at all.

Remember, this was a "top end" unit 8 years ago, you may want to shop around for the cost of a new "top end" unit.

I can't guarantee you won't have other problems down the line, but with the manual, your knowledge, and APP Repair forum, I don't see you having any problems for quite a while.

Hope this helps,

Good Luck,
gaco Posted: Wednesday, September 8, 2010 6:53:41 AM(UTC)

Gaco,

Did you not recieve the reply post on the Repair Forum, we sent yesterday ?

With part number AP3778061 (pump complete) and an attached copy of the service manual ?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I did recieve the post. I wanted to know if its worth repairing. I still do not have an answer if its worth repairing an 8 year old machine. What is the life expectancy of that type of machine. I also wanted to know if its relatively easy to install that part. I do all of my own plumbing and electrical work.
Joe / APP Team Posted: Wednesday, September 8, 2010 6:24:43 AM(UTC)

Good Morning,

My dishwasher is making a loud whining sound. I wanted to do a complete pump/motor repair with kit # ap4434617. Is this very dificult to install and is an 8 year old machine worth repairing. Thanks.

Gaco,

Did you not recieve the reply post on the Repair Forum, we sent yesterday ?

With part number AP3778061 (pump complete) and an attached copy of the service manual ?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
gaco Posted: Wednesday, September 8, 2010 4:33:44 AM(UTC)

Good Morning,