Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Registers on the forum or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
mgwhirlpool Posted: Monday, February 1, 2010 11:25:27 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sandray68 Go to Quoted Post
Everything works, just doesn't heat anything. I have 120 VAC on the primary side of the big transformer under the magnetron so I suspected I had a bad magnetron. I ordered a new one from AppliancePartsPros (order # 417722) and installed it, but no change.
I appreciate any help you can give.

TRY REPLACING THE DIODE ON IT IT LOOKS LIKE A FUSE.
sandray68 Posted: Monday, August 11, 2008 2:38:13 PM(UTC)

Received and installed the diode. Microwave works great now! Thanks for your expert help! My wife really appreciates it!:)
cmar Posted: Saturday, August 2, 2008 5:50:47 AM(UTC)

my jvm1650wb001 just did this last night do I need to change both the magnetron and diode or just the diode?
abadfish66 Posted: Friday, August 1, 2008 11:36:27 PM(UTC)

Nope, you should be good to go. Glad to help :)
sandray68 Posted: Friday, August 1, 2008 5:45:11 PM(UTC)

You were right! The diode was shorted out. Thanks for the part number. While I'm ordering this part and have the microwave unit all apart, are there any other parts you would recommend I replace on a 7-year old unit?
Thanks again.
abadfish66 Posted: Friday, August 1, 2008 11:25:29 AM(UTC)

abadfish66 Posted: Friday, August 1, 2008 11:24:17 AM(UTC)

It is connected to the high voltage capacitor.
sandray68 Posted: Friday, August 1, 2008 11:09:38 AM(UTC)

Thanks for your help, but I am not familiar with any diode associated with the magnetron. Also, there is not a diode listed in the critical parts list for service that came with the microwave. Is it on the smart board or a stand alone part?
Thanks
abadfish66 Posted: Friday, August 1, 2008 10:59:39 AM(UTC)

Did you change the diode as well, if not you need to change it
sandray68 Posted: Friday, August 1, 2008 10:51:04 AM(UTC)

Everything works, just doesn't heat anything. I have 120 VAC on the primary side of the big transformer under the magnetron so I suspected I had a bad magnetron. I ordered a new one from AppliancePartsPros (order # 417722) and installed it, but no change.
I appreciate any help you can give.