Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
JosieB Posted: Friday, October 5, 2012 6:29:15 AM(UTC)

:( I could not see spending money to repair such an old washer and not have it fix the problem. Thank you for replying though.
richappy Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2012 1:46:45 AM(UTC)

Remove the agitator, and turn the transmission pulley, one way, the spin basket will spin, the other way, the transmission spindle should go back and forth. If not, you have a bad transmission.
JosieB Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2012 9:42:33 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
If the motor turns the tranny pulley in the agitate direction (opposite to spin: should check manually) and the tranny spindle in the tub does not move=bad tranny.

:confused: What do you mean by "Bad Tranny"? Is that the transmission or a different part under the agitator? Mine doesn't move either. It just stopped working. Old Maytag LA512. Everything else works except the agitator. This old posting is exactly like my problem. Checked belts and they are not broken. Could they just be old? I don't have the money to buy a new one right now and repair people are very expensive. UserPostedImage
richappy Posted: Friday, June 18, 2010 4:56:01 AM(UTC)

If the motor turns the tranny pulley in the agitate direction (opposite to spin: should check manually) and the tranny spindle in the tub does not move=bad tranny.
maircon39 Posted: Friday, June 18, 2010 3:57:05 AM(UTC)

ok so i located the screw took it out (agitator also) ran a small load (water only) the agitator did not move just had the whinning noise, still spins fine no noise...:confused:
richappy Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 7:39:21 AM(UTC)

Then, slip a rope under the agitator and pry out the agitator with a board.
maircon39 Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 7:22:23 AM(UTC)

could not find the screw u were talking about. i dont know if is because my is a different series or what....
Maytag Model A612 Series 02 serial # 055413 RA
richappy Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:02:15 AM(UTC)

There should be a 1/4 inch screw on the side of the agitator. Remove this screw and pull the agitator. Run it in wash mode and check if the tranny spindle turns back and forth, post results.
maircon39 Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 4:00:10 AM(UTC)

I am having the same problems with my washer (maytag A612), spins fine, agitator does not work, any ideas?:confused:
habes Posted: Monday, June 14, 2010 1:01:22 PM(UTC)

Have a Maytag Top Load Washer the Agitator is not moving, but the drum spins freely and spin cycle works fine.

Checked delicate and Perm Press and results are same.

Belt appeared to be worn and slightly glazed so replaced both belts no change.

If I hold lid up and trip swirch with blade of putty knife the agitator appears to jerk slightly but no constant movement.

Lower pulley turns freely.

What else can I check, out of work and can't afford a $69.00 service call and $16.00 per 1/4 hour repair rate.