Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, June 13, 2014 11:41:55 AM(UTC)

Does the motor make any noise? If it just hums, may be something jamming the pump. Pull pump from motor (leave hoses connected) and see if washer will now agitate or spin.

Eric
patkat3 Posted: Friday, June 13, 2014 9:00:08 AM(UTC)

Washer does not drain. Coupler looks OK. How can I check the motor to see if it's OK ?
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, June 13, 2014 8:27:11 AM(UTC)

Does the motor run? Does washer drain? You should be able to rotate upper agitator in clockwise direction only. Lower agitator depends on if washer last stopped in agitate mode or spin mode. If motor runs and washer drains ok but no agitation or spin, most likely a bad coupler. Remove motor to check for sure. Rotating transmission input shaft CCW with half of coupler should cause agitation, CW for spin. Make sure shaft is rotating and not just coupler worn and slipping on shaft.

Eric
patkat3 Posted: Friday, June 13, 2014 8:04:56 AM(UTC)

I have a Kitchen Aid washing machine that fills with water, but won't agitate or spin. I checked the motor coupling first and that seems to be OK. The motor doesn't smell hot or look burned. Am I looking at a bad transmission? Also, should I be able to turn the agitator by hand in either direction ?