Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Jojam3000 Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 3:08:09 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
You should have 120vac between the orange wire and blue wire for high speed and between orange wire and white wire for low speed. You should also have 120vac between violet/white and red for the start winding. Your wiring diagram is inside the control panel. I said your timer may be faulty. I can't say for sure as I'm not there to troubleshoot your washer and it's fruitless to try and explain to a layman how to electrically troubleshoot over this forum.

Eric

I understand, I did find the schematics and had power all the way through..the timer came in yesterday I installed today.

I'm a little embarrassed by the outcome. When I initially tinkered with it I had left the harness to the motor loose(didn't clip correctly) so after I had jumped the lid switch as the machine started working the harness must of came loose.

After I installed the timer nothing happened so after further investigating I noticed the harness :mad: but now all is working and I have an extra timer for future breakdowns or diagnosing:cool:

It did need the lid switch though so thanx for your patience and help.

Joel
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, December 20, 2013 4:49:34 PM(UTC)

You should have 120vac between the orange wire and blue wire for high speed and between orange wire and white wire for low speed. You should also have 120vac between violet/white and red for the start winding. Your wiring diagram is inside the control panel. I said your timer may be faulty. I can't say for sure as I'm not there to troubleshoot your washer and it's fruitless to try and explain to a layman how to electrically troubleshoot over this forum.

Eric
Jojam3000 Posted: Friday, December 20, 2013 4:20:45 PM(UTC)

Another few questions. Do you know which wires are the hot and ground for the motor? And is there an easy way to test the motor since I have the panel off already? That timer is over a hundred bucks. Do you think it's worth fixing? Thanx in advance
Jojam3000 Posted: Friday, December 20, 2013 4:10:55 PM(UTC)

Sounds like you may have a faulty timer as well. If you buy the timer from APP and it doesn't fix the problem, you can return it.

GE WH12X10254 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric

I guess that's what I'll be ordering next.. It's just wired that all of a sudden the timer just goes but oh well you haven't steered me wrong yet. Thanx
fairbank56 Posted: Friday, December 20, 2013 2:07:45 PM(UTC)

Sounds like you may have a faulty timer as well. If you buy the timer from APP and it doesn't fix the problem, you can return it.

GE WH12X10254 Timer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
Jojam3000 Posted: Friday, December 20, 2013 12:35:19 PM(UTC)

No problem, glad to be able to help out. Keep that machine going, you don't want to have to buy any of the junk washers they are selling nowadays.

Eric

Eric please help!!! So the washer was working fine for a couple days after bypassing the lid switch and this morning it stopped agitating and spinning again :( ... The lid switch arrived today and I replaced and still nothing.. I did notice that even with the power off I can hear some ticking from timer I believe. What else can I try?
Jojam3000 Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 5:17:45 AM(UTC)

Tell me about it. All she wants is a front loader and I keep telling her that according to the reviews they aren't worth it
fairbank56 Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:00:15 PM(UTC)

No problem, glad to be able to help out. Keep that machine going, you don't want to have to buy any of the junk washers they are selling nowadays.

Eric
Jojam3000 Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:37:57 PM(UTC)

So I spliced the wires and it worked like a charm!! The switch will be here on Friday. I wish I could buy you a drink or coffee or something :) you saved me so much grief. Thank you so much!
Jojam3000 Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:09:20 PM(UTC)

Check my last post, I added to it. You can use existing switch connector to make jumper.

Eric

Splicing as we speak :) you are the man I'll let u know how it goes