Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
E-magpies Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2017 7:53:13 PM(UTC)

same symptoms...

mine ended up being an easy fix. the return water line was plugged. cleared the line and back to normal. Lucky to have been watching the load due to a 'rug' i put in thinking it was a bad idea to begin with. So the pump/motor didn't burn out since I was able to shut it off early.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:57:19 PM(UTC)

You have to have an ohmmeter to do it.

Gene.
cdcguy Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:33:13 PM(UTC)

How can I tell if the capacitor is no good?
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:14:54 PM(UTC)

Check the capacitor (on a side of the motor). If it's good, replace the motor.

- The capacitor Part number: AP3866194
cdcguy Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:55:55 PM(UTC)

my washer won't agitate or spin. the motor just hums. I checked the coupler and it's fine. nothing clogging the pump. I took the motor out and it just hums. won't turn. it just hums. it feels like it wants to start but doesn't. I really need some help with this. it's a Whirlpool Ultimate Care II Model#LSQ8243HQ
Camacho Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:01:44 PM(UTC)

Hi Guys, I just finished fixing a Whirpool LXR7244PQ4. The problem was it the motor was humming but no action (spinning or washing). It did pulled water, but that was it. I took it apart (the housing) took out the pump. While doing it found a metal hard wire in the hose that comes out of the wash basket. Pulled it out and tried to start the washer again. No luck, humming again. Took out the motor and tried it outside, kicked like a mule, strong and fast. I tried to turn the basket through the coupling and it was very tight. So I took out the hose were I previously found the wire, the hose that was still connected to the washer basket and found another wire. Pulled it out and again tried to turn the basket through the coupling, and Walah! It turned. Placed the motor again and turn it on and DOUBLE WALAH! It's working again like new! I just saved over $250! The motor which I checked out was about $140 here in Puerto Rico and the Supposed Technician was another $110! Guys check out forums and site great as this one. There are a lot of rippers out there, for thing we can do ourselves. We learn and save. A new washer runs around $500 down here.
Good luck and hope this helps. camachospr@aol.com any questions I can help with.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:28:48 PM(UTC)

fkukla,

Please go here: http://forum.appliancepartspros...rol-knobs-just-buzz.html and answer on my question.

Gene.
richappy Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:27:35 PM(UTC)

If the lights dim a bit and the hum goes away after a while, 99% sure it is a clogged pump. If it only hums in spin=maybe something stuck in the tub.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:27:12 PM(UTC)

wmako,

What is the complete model number of the washer?

How did you unjam it?

Gene.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 2:24:35 PM(UTC)

TrooperKal,

Remove the washer cabinet. Remove the pump from the motor and try to run the washer. If it will work then the problem is a bad/frozen pump.

- The part number for the pump is AP2907492

Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool washer Model WTW5540SQ0

Gene.