Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe / APP Team Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:32:02 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: brian_h Go to Quoted Post
Hello and thanks ahead of time.

Going crazy with this one. Trying hard to be a DIY'r, learning as I go humbly.

Kenmore washer fills and runs, but no agitation. Drains, but no spin. Makes squeaky, clicking noise. All I have researched says "coupler".

I checked the motor coupler and it is fine. I bypassed the lid switch (wire connecting 2 outer 'prongs' of switch outlet) but washer still ran - same manner as above.

Used a multimeter on the lid switch but got 0 for open and closed...confusing me as I thought that says 'bad' switch...but the bypass worked...

Could it be that the switch is in fact broken, even though with the bypass the washer ran (incorrectly)? I may be doing something wrong with meter...

So - what to check next - cam shaft?

Trying to avoid buying a new LG Top Loader.

Thanks again,
Brian

Brian,

Sure sounds like a bad motor coupler ?

Did you actually remove the pump and motor, and physically remove and check the coupler pins and rubber bushing for damage ?

Based on the information, your lid switch is fine.

You may have tested it incorrectly with the meter.

Here's a post from our forum, that may help you understand better.

http://forum.appliancepartspros...continuity-ohmmeter.html

Good luck,
:cool: :cool: :cool:
brian_h Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:33:55 PM(UTC)

Hello and thanks ahead of time.

Going crazy with this one. Trying hard to be a DIY'r, learning as I go humbly.

Kenmore washer fills and runs, but no agitation. Drains, but no spin. Makes squeaky, clicking noise. All I have researched says "coupler".

I checked the motor coupler and it is fine. I bypassed the lid switch (wire connecting 2 outer 'prongs' of switch outlet) but washer still ran - same manner as above.

Used a multimeter on the lid switch but got 0 for open and closed...confusing me as I thought that says 'bad' switch...but the bypass worked...

Could it be that the switch is in fact broken, even though with the bypass the washer ran (incorrectly)? I may be doing something wrong with meter...

So - what to check next - cam shaft?

Trying to avoid buying a new LG Top Loader.

Thanks again,
Brian