Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 5:39:54 PM(UTC)

Wait till the compressor starts running again, then check.
darrellwass Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 6:30:52 AM(UTC)

I took the panel off, and no frost in the freezer
richappy Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 12:48:13 AM(UTC)

Remove the back freezer panel and describe the frost pattern, should be completely frosted with light frost.
darrellwass Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2011 3:14:19 PM(UTC)

Thanks for your reply, but the fridge doesn't run constantly, it cycles on and off normally and maintains a constant temp in the fridge, it is just that the freezer doesn't stay cold. I replaced the defrost timer, so I am guessing it is the defrost thermostat. That part has been discontinued however.
richappy Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2011 3:29:10 AM(UTC)

Measure the freezer temperature and post, for a fridg running constantly, it should be well below 10 degrees.
darrellwass Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 6:59:02 AM(UTC)

The fridge is very cold on this unit, and will freeze food if turned up over "4" in the settings. Freezer will only freeze food about 1/2 of the day. I thought it might be the defrost timer, but I replaced that, and still have the same problem. What else could be causing this?
Thanks in advance,
Darrell