Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jmastrus Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:24:28 AM(UTC)

I will take a poicture when I get home tonight.

When I inserted the new igniter from the rear of the stove, it didn't go in as far as the old one and the metal box cover had no clearance.

Last night I removed the oven floor and flame spreader and was able to wiggle the igniter in a bit more pulling it from the inside, but then I broke the tip of the igniter and had to order a new one.

I suspect the igniter may not have been in far enough? The gas hissing started very quickly when the igniter was in (before I wiggled it in further), but the burner didn't ignite.

There is a burn through about halfway down the burner tube. Not huge, but could that reduce the pressue of the gas at the ignition site? Is replacing the burner tube difficult?

Thanks for your help!
Simon / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:35:58 AM(UTC)

Hi.

Try to understand why the new ignitor is not mounted the same way as the old one. Would you post a picture of the burner and ignitor? That will help a lot.

Simon.
jmastrus Posted: Monday, October 8, 2012 5:43:49 PM(UTC)

We were having mini-explosions in our single burner oven, then no lighting at all. I replaced the igniter and now the igniter glows very brightly and I hear and smell gas, but no ignition after one minute so I turn it off.

Could this be from igniter no being far enough in? It didn't go in quite as far as the previous one.

When it did light before, I did notice a hole in the burner pipe where flame would come out halfway down the pipe. Could the extra hole reduce the pressure at the ignition point?