Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ThatGuy Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2017 1:25:06 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: artmra Go to Quoted Post

Have I fried the electronics in the MW ??? Any suggestions of what to do now ??? The circuit breaker did NO close and that appears to be okay. If I replace the bulb will that complete the electrical connection ??? Is there an internal fuse somewhere within the MW ???

Sears has said their service call charge to repair the MW is $ 249.00 and if it needs parts, that is extra. If I chose not to have it repaired I will still be billed the $ 249.00.

At plus ten years old should I just go get a NEW MW ???

Putting a new bulb in probably won't do anything.

Yes there is a fuse in the microwave, its probably blown from the short.

I can tell you this: changing the bulb live on any of these modern microwaves, ovens, and refrigerators can damage the main board or kill it. Always shut the power off.

Is it going to cost more to repair it than the MW is worth? Probably. It depends on how much stuff is damaged and if the parts are even available.
artmra Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:50:34 PM(UTC)

I had the light bulb blow out, I then removed the glass light bulb cover and found the halogen bulb had exploded, I cleaned up all the broken glass and I then attempted to remove that was left of the bulb socket and the two metal prongs.

MY ERROR was that I did NOT unplug the MW and touched both prongs with the needle nose pliers I used to try and remove the bulb socket. There was a flash and ALL of the digital displays have gone blank.

Have I fried the electronics in the MW ??? Any suggestions of what to do now ??? The circuit breaker did NO close and that appears to be okay. If I replace the bulb will that complete the electrical connection ??? Is there an internal fuse somewhere within the MW ???

Sears has said their service call charge to repair the MW is $ 249.00 and if it needs parts, that is extra. If I chose not to have it repaired I will still be billed the $ 249.00.

At plus ten years old should I just go get a NEW MW ???

The other problem I have is that ALL our appliances are bisque in color and there are not a lot of options out there now in the color.