Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
tartrazine Posted: Monday, August 31, 2015 9:54:46 PM(UTC)

I have a carrier 8SSC075-111GC furnace with a blower that stopped blowing. Instead when the furnace tries to turn the blower on, it hums, and moves VERY slowly. Then after a couple minutes it quits and tries again in a while. I can turn it by hand, but with some resistance. I left it off for a couple days, then tried it again and it came on for a couple hours before dying again.

I replaced the capacitor that was on the front of the blower assembly, since that was a cheap thing to try. It did turn on again after I put the new capacitor in (it had been off for a couple days again), then died again after a few hours.

Is that the only (start?) capacitor? Or is there another (run?) capacitor that could be bad? Or is it the motor?

If it's the motor, do I need to put in a new OEM part, or is there a "universal" replacement I could get by with? This thing is already 23 years old, so it doesn't have to last forever.

I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks.