Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 10:17:23 AM(UTC)

Rick,

I honestly do not see what else we can do. You probably have to call a qualified technician to check the dryer.

Gene.
RickMondo Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 8:53:36 AM(UTC)

Gene,

The dryer is not vented to anything. It is sitting by itself with a gas line and a power line - that's it. There is no blockage inside the dryer anywhere. The air flow is strong leaving the dryer's rear air duct. This thing worked fine and one day stopped drying clothes. The flame seemed to not come on after first time so I replaced the coil. Now flame is fine but no/slow drying. Do dryers function ok but loose their ability to dry after 7 years? If the heat cycle is fine, is there anything that has to do with humidity removal that keeps the clothes from drying?
Gene Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 8:21:51 AM(UTC)

Rick,

As soon as the temperature reaches the number assigned by the cycling thermostat, this thermostat breaks the heating circuit, heat goes "off" and stays "off" until the thermostat cools down and closes the circuit back. It cycles this way until the timer turns everything "off". I'm assuming there is nothing wrong with your dryer and if takes much longer time than usual, then the problem is outside the dryer.

Gene.
RickMondo Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:21:47 PM(UTC)

Gene

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Rick,

"If the temperature goes up above 130°F and down till about 100°F then there is nothing wrong with the dryer and the problem is somewhere else."

That is about the temps: It goes up to about 140 and down to about 100, although it doesn't stay at 140 for long (see times in previous post).

So what else could it be? Thanks.

Rick
Gene Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:05:09 PM(UTC)

Sounds like the problem is a bad gas valve coil (#13 & #14 on the break down diagram).

You can find the complete disassembly instructions in one of our previous posts: http://forum.appliancepartspros...ions-changing-coils.html

- The part number for the coil kit is AP3094251

Here are the break down diagrams for the Kitchen Aid dryer Model KGYS750JQ0

Gene.
frankla10 Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:23:59 AM(UTC)

Running the dryer this morning, I noticed that it did light initially and got hot. However, checking it 15 minutes later I notice that it must not be lighting again because the air is not hot anymore. Any thoughts
frankla10 Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:33:17 PM(UTC)

I have a similar problem. Kitchen Aid Gas Dryer (KGYS750JQ0) that doesn't heat up anymore (it was intermittent for a week or so . . . now nothing). I'm wondering how to take the dryer apart and where / how to observe if the igniter is not working or what I might be able to test / observe to hone in on the real problem. Thank you!
Gene Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:39:25 PM(UTC)

Kathy,

In order to provide most accurate advise we need the complete model number of the dryer. You can find it on the door frame.

Gene.
kathywkatz Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:46:34 AM(UTC)

Whirlpool dryer was working. Gas was cut off at house and reconnected by gas company. Dryer turns on but does not heat up. Was working before. Had plumber over and he said there was no pilot light. The dryer has an intermittent type ignitor. Does that mean I need to replace this part
Gene Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:07:15 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: RickMondo Go to Quoted Post
...The left/right pair show continuity, but the top/bottom pair doesn't...

This is normal.

Gene.