Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Monday, January 17, 2011 4:09:39 AM(UTC)

Be sure to clean/check your vent system as this is the most common cause of it blowing.

Would also not hurt to clean/check your blower.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
edwardsnl Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:29:36 PM(UTC)

Turns out to be the thermal switch. I didn't get anything when I tested the entire flow. It's getting caught up at the thermal fuse. But the test from the motor side of the thermal fuse back up to the start switch is good and from the other side of the thermal fuse up to the timer is good as well. So, hopefully, this is a $10 fix. Thanks for your time.
denman Posted: Sunday, January 16, 2011 2:34:21 AM(UTC)

Here is the wiring diagram, see the attachment.

Toy could try the following.
Unplug the unit.
Set the timer to OFF to ensure BK/BU timer contacts are open.
Set your meter to it's most sensitive scale.
Measure from BU on the timer to the W or W-r on the push to start switch (left hand side on the wiringb diagram.
Should be 1 to 2 ohms.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
edwardsnl Posted: Saturday, January 15, 2011 12:37:58 PM(UTC)

I've already checked the door switch, start switch, thermal switch, and what I believe is the motor switch. I believe the motor is the culprit, just want to make sure that it is the motor before I go replacing it. How do I go about testing the motor...or even getting to it for that matter? Is it possible that I can ohm the wires to and from to save the hassle of tearing the dryer completely apart?