Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Joe / APP Team Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 11:35:24 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: gastover Go to Quoted Post
Dryer started out with problems by stopping mid cycle, but leaving front panel still lit up where it left off. I could restart that machine and everything would be fine and the load would finish. Had a power surge in the house and dryer was running. It stopped, only this time when I tried to restart it, it would light up correctly on the front panel, but when I pushed the button to start it would make a click but nothing would happen. Continued to dink with it and problem got worse. Finally got to the point that it would only stop if I opened the door. I could push the off button and all the lights would go off, but the dryer would not stop running. Repairman came out and said it was the control board. I ordered one and replaced it. Now when I do diagnostics, I get an E3 error. All of the buttons light up on the front panel, but when I rotate the main dial for cycle type selection, it beeps extremely loudly and various lights go on and off on all parts of the front panel. Is it possible that the power surge effected both the control electronics and the machine control board?

Gastover,

Which part did you install ?

And are you sure you installed it properly.

I would not be surprised, if you need both parts, after a voltage spike.

Based on your description you should or do need the control panel board.

Part number: AP3775978
Part number: AP3775978

Part number: AP3775548
Part number: AP3775548

:cool: :cool: :cool:
gastover Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 8:55:51 AM(UTC)

Dryer started out with problems by stopping mid cycle, but leaving front panel still lit up where it left off. I could restart that machine and everything would be fine and the load would finish. Had a power surge in the house and dryer was running. It stopped, only this time when I tried to restart it, it would light up correctly on the front panel, but when I pushed the button to start it would make a click but nothing would happen. Continued to dink with it and problem got worse. Finally got to the point that it would only stop if I opened the door. I could push the off button and all the lights would go off, but the dryer would not stop running. Repairman came out and said it was the control board. I ordered one and replaced it. Now when I do diagnostics, I get an E3 error. All of the buttons light up on the front panel, but when I rotate the main dial for cycle type selection, it beeps extremely loudly and various lights go on and off on all parts of the front panel. Is it possible that the power surge effected both the control electronics and the machine control board?