Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
bafunk2 Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:53:45 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: magician59 Go to Quoted Post
Find the wires that go from the sensor to the control board. Disconnect the wiring harness connector from the board and put a continuity tester on the corresponding connector contacts. Place a damp cloth on the sensor. You should get continuity. If so, replace the board. Part number: AP3713177
Part number: AP3713177

:D You were right it was the circuit board and it has been ordered. Thank you very much.
bafunk2 Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 1:51:15 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
If the timer advances in the timed cycle but not in the auto cycle, the problem is most likely in the sensor.

I cannot guarantee you that replacing the sensor will fix it (that is the problem with on-line Forums, we are just not present at the machine) but it is highly likely that it will.

Good luck.

:D Thank you, you were right and the Maytag Tech and I ordered the part..
magician59 Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 7:41:33 AM(UTC)

Find the wires that go from the sensor to the control board. Disconnect the wiring harness connector from the board and put a continuity tester on the corresponding connector contacts. Place a damp cloth on the sensor. You should get continuity. If so, replace the board. Part number: AP3713177
Part number: AP3713177
sidfink43 Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 5:22:22 AM(UTC)

If the timer advances in the timed cycle but not in the auto cycle, the problem is most likely in the sensor.

I cannot guarantee you that replacing the sensor will fix it (that is the problem with on-line Forums, we are just not present at the machine) but it is highly likely that it will.

Good luck.
bafunk2 Posted: Friday, August 7, 2009 3:48:51 PM(UTC)

I have a Maytag Dryer Model # MED5820TWO that is only 2 years old and when I set it on the sensor side to dry clothes it dries them but doesn't power down to shut off. I am wondering if it is the sensor or the timer? My husband took the back off and we blew any lint and dirt out that we could see. We want to do the repairs ourself but don't want to order parts we don't need.

Thank you